Thursday, July 19, 2012

Responsibility of the Servant


"The Stairs of St. Barnabas"

At this place/stage of my life, I find myself able to do only two things well - I teach the Bible to a group of old men and I make paintings.  Of the two, only one, the first one, has any eternal value.  So I hear my Lord say, “Blessed is that servant whom the Master finds so doing (feeding His household) when He comes” (Luke 12:43).
In spite of everything else, my priority and my true responsibility is to be providing the Word to the portion of the Household assigned to me.  That portion may be more broad than I imagine, and my work as an artist may be another means by which I discharge my primary duty.
As Barnabas aided the work of others, may my labors make the work of others easier and more pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment