Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Dawn Begins to Break


Luke 6:39-40, continued from yesterday, 1-10-2012

Though everything I wrote yesterday is true and reasonable, it is not the point of the parable.  When seen in its context, this parable is explained by the next verse.  In verse 40, Jesus declared the need for disciples to follow their teacher/Master, and their goal is to be like their teacher (see also Matthew 10:24-25).  The blind leading the blind refers to those who try to discover truth, especially spiritual truth, apart from the One who is the Truth.
I see many extensions of this parable in the contemporary church and culture.  Some deny truth, some claim that truth is variable, some say they have found truth, but the reality is that unless I follow Jesus until I am like Him, I am among the blind ones.
Coram deo

No comments:

Post a Comment